HDPE vs. PVC: Attribute and Applications
HDPE and PVC are some of the most highly used plastics and plastic films. They are frequently used in the same industries, but they offer different advantages. If you must decide between HDPE vs PVC, the basic facts about each of these plastics may make the difference.
HDPE Attributes and Applications
PVC Attributes and Applications
PVC films are commonly used for the following purposes:
HDPE vs. PVC
HDPE films and PVC films are frequently used in similar industries and for similar applications, but they differ in numerous ways. The following are several highlights of HDPE vs PVC products.
1. They are made of different materials. PVC is a vinyl polymer. HDPE is a polyethylene thermoplastic that consists of petroleum.
2. High-density polyethylene is more crystalline. Polyvinyl chloride is an amorphous material.
3. Their greatest benefits differ. If you need a strong and heavy material, PVC might be a better choice for you. If you are looking for a firmer, more dense material that resists abrasion and heat, HDPE might be the way to go.
4. HDPE materials absorb shock better than PVC products do.
5. HDPE stands up to rain, snow, and wind better. It can also withstand the rays of the sun significantly longer than PVC can, although PVC can hold up for a few years as well.
6. HDPE is more corrosion-resistant.
Reliable Solutions from Your Local Plastic Films Distributor
Contact us for more information about the advantages of HDPE vs PVC, both of which are durable, affordable plastic films available through PolymerFilms.
Our organization is exclusively a plastic film distributor that serves clients in a wide array of industries, from medical devices and printed electronics to sign and display applications. Our large inventory allows us to provide solutions that cater to our clients’ specific needs, and our knowledgeable team is always happy to provide guidance and expertise.
We even have access to in-house conversion equipment, which allows us to convert film products to suit the specific needs of each application.
Our five distribution centers are spread throughout North America to ensure fast quotes and turnaround times, along with friendly and personalized service.
Visit our website to request a free consultation and see what type of difference a quality plastic film manufacturer can make.